With eLearning Services Android Tablet solution, teachers now have a platform to expand the learning environment in the classroom and have complete freedom to source and share resources with their students
Research has found that by using a one to one computing* platform students tend to become more engaged with what is happening in the classroom, please see chart below in Research Information.
The eLearning Services solution also brings learning benefits to the classroom and these benefits are obtained from the following sources:
These resources are explained in more details below.
- help make a subject more engaging by presenting information in a more interactive manner
- be very useful in language subjects where both oral and aural aspects of the subject can be explored
- aid revision of subjects in a fun way via quizzes
- be used to aid collaboration in the classroom
- email – each teacher and student will get their own unique email address under the school domain
- docs – the tablet device can facilitate the creation of word processing documents
- sheets – spreadsheets can be created on the tablet device
- slides – students can present their work via the tablet PC to their colleagues in class
- forms – questionnaires and quizzes can be created and shared with the students
- drive – each teacher and student will receive 30GB of storage (shared with email) for all their work
The platform is a great way to collaborate and share ideas and information from you, the teacher, to your students. All of the data created and shared is stored via Google Drive. For more information on Google Apps for Education, please click here.
eLearning Services will help each school with the set up of the Google Apps for Education platform and train key personnel on its use.
We work with all of the leading educational ebook publishers to ensure that each of their ebooks function correctly on our Android tablets.
*One to one (1:1) computing is a term that is often used when describing the classroom of the 21st Century. A one to one computing environment simply means that each student and teacher in a classroom has a computer device to carry out their daily school work.
"eLearning Services has made the transition to tablet computers very efficient at our school."
Raymond McHugh, Principal, St Macartan's College, Monaghan
All the information you need to know about the latest Tablet device we are using
Figure 3 from Debell + Kay: 1:1 Computing: A summary of the Quantitative Results from the Berkshire Wireless Learning Initiative